One Step Forward

It's been less than a month since I updated, but it's been a hectic one. Around 5am one Sunday morning, I turned off my PC and went to bed. About a half-hour later, it made a POOF! and sulfur-smelling smoke drifted through the room. At first I just thought it was the flourescent bulb in my lamp that exploded.

Unfortunately, The next afternoon when I tried to turn on my PC, it wouldn't start. I took my PC to a friend and he worked on it, but to no avail; I lost at least 400 pages of text and LOTS of draft-work.

So, I bought a new PC and just hooked it up today. I'll start backing up my text with hardcopy PLUS CD backups at the first of every month.

Oh well, this is life, I still have the old HD, just trying to rescue the data from the motherboard.

Wish me luck.

No comments: