Between the Lines

Through a mutual acquaintance on YouTube (happyslip!), I met a prospective illustrator. He does cartoons, mostly, which means he can probably churn out drawings of all qualities, good to sketchy.

Ever since I began writing seriously in 1989, I had a vision of an atypical set of illustations for my work. I belive strongly in using mixed media for my illustrations, whether it be watercolor, line drawings, pencil sketches, or acrylics/oils. I think the use of mixed media will help to set the work apart from the others, much in the same way "The Rainbow Fish" and "South Park" did the same in their corresponding ways.

I am pretty sure that finding my own illustrator is not the normal way graphic artists and children's book authors are connected. Usually, the illustrator and author are one and the same, related, or they're married through the publisher itself, whether they do the work in-house or freelance.

However it goes, I'm just excited to keep moving forward. Right now, I'm pretty excited about all aspects of my "Culture Kids" project.

No comments: